Last week, a so-called UN “preparatory committee” met for the third time to work on the massive Arms Trade Treaty (ATT).
The ATT is the most comprehensive treaty of its kind and would regulate worldwide trade of weapons on everything from battleships to bullets. Few details of the treaty have been made public, but it is widely expected that the final draft will:
* Require gun owner registration
* Require ammunition “microstamping”
* Define “manufacturing” so broadly that any gun owner who adds so much as a scope or changes a stock on a firearm would be required to obtain a manufacturing license
* Include a ban on some types of semi-automatic firearms
* Include a ban .50 caliber firearms
* Demand the mandatory destruction of surplus ammo and confiscated firearms.
I see Senator Enzi WY is standing against this. I believe that you will vote also no on this (Senator Barrasso) Wy. I do not want this to pass. Please keep my views on this on your mind when this come to vote. Thank you Barry